Friday, December 2

Sparkle & Shine with Swarovski

I have often mentioned how inspired I am by some of the contests on the Polyvore web site. The latest is a dream come true for any woman of style, the "Light Up Your Look with Swarovski" Women's Watch line. They are classic and stunning timepieces, and they have a chameleon like ability to make a day look even more spectacular and a night look the ultimate in chic. I have been having a blast making entries for this contest, often spending hours on one set, and I can still say that these watches are so versatile that they have inspired endless possibilities.

On a more personal note, I have been working to develop a new set style. Not that I don't like my usual square sets, but I want to start playing more with the editor. I am working with positive and negative space, different aspect ratios of images to articles or items, and finding ways to use sheer color blocks and text in new ways. I am not looking at any other sets at the moment simply because I don't want them to influence my process, and it is a process. How much is too much? Is there a point at which the set is finished and adding just that one more item will throw it off? What about size of items, should jewelry be displayed in small images or should it be enlarged to show detail? How many images can you mix together, it it more appealing to go with just one iconic or eye-catching image? These are questions I have been exploring in my last series of sets. What kind of sets do you prefer?

Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 1





Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 2





Light Up Your Look With Swarovski 3





Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 4






Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 5





Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 6





Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 7






Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 8 - Modern Bride





Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 9 - Gold Dust Woman






Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 10 - The Rocker Chick!





Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 11 - True Grace





Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 12 - The Party Girl





Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 13 - The Urban Bohemian






Still more inspired sets featuring Swarovski Crystal Watches. What I am loving about this contest is that a watch is such a versatile accessory to begin with, and can work for anyone, no matter their age, personal sense of style, or occasion. I am having fun with placing the Swarovski Watch in a wide variety of sets, including sporty and youthful looks, as well as glamorous and fashion forward looks.

Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 14 - The Scene Stealer






Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 16 - Young At Heart





Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 17 - Happy New Year Baby!





Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 18 - The Party Butterfly





Light Up Your Look with Swarovski 19 - The New York Society Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment